I had a great realization last night. I was thinking about a guilty pleasure TV show I love and that one of the characters was wearing this beautiful midnight blue nail polish and how I should go buy some. Then it dawned on me: I never need to buy more than five colors of nail polish again. Not because my life is boring but because I’m an art major (even if it is for video games) and I can mix colors to hearts content. Here are the only five colors you will ever need:
We only need these five colors because we know from our basic art classes that the three primary colors can be mixed to make any other color. Then if you want a different shade (or hue) then you would simply add white or black polish to make it lighter or darker. And here’s the beautiful thing: you can do it on your bathroom sink! Here’s what I did:
- I poured a small amount of the blue on the sink itself.
- Then I added drops of black and mixed it with a cotton swab.
- Once I was happy with the color I cleaned one of the nail polish brushes with nail polish remover.
- Next, I painted my nails.
- After that I cleaned the nail polish brush again so I could put it back in the bottle without modifying the original color.
- To clean from the sink: First I took a paper towel and wiped off the majority of the polish. Then I used a cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover to get the rest off. No stains and no mess!
Now I have the entire rainbow in five bottles and you do too! 🙂