The cooler weather at night has had me thinking of knitting more socks. I have several pairs of hand knit socks in my drawer but it seems like as soon as the temperature drops you can never have too many wool socks around. So I went through my Ravelry queue, picked out a pattern and some yarn, and I cast on. I chose the New Years Socks, but I could tell after the cuff was finished that things just weren’t going to work out. I found that the pattern wasn’t particularly well written and I was having a difficult time enjoying knitting this sock. Also, as I followed the pattern I noticed that I wasn’t getting the same amount of texture as the pattern. So here is as far as I got on the sock before I gave up:
I know it doesn’t look like very much but it was enough for me to know that while I loved the way the pattern looked, I hated the way it was written. So I am frogging the whole project today and using the same yarn to make Spring Forward socks instead.