It’s still cold outside and the best thing you can do is make some chowder!
- 2 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup refrigerated prechopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen baby gold and white corn, thawed and divided
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (such as Cracker Barrel)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside. Add celery mixture and 1 package corn to drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Place remaining 1 package corn and 1 cup milk in a blender, and process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to vegetables in pan; stir in remaining 1 cup milk, salt, black pepper, and cheese. Cook over medium heat (do not boil), stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Ladle chowder into bowls. Top each serving evenly with reserved crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.
And it is oh so good!
Via Cooking Light.