I am such a douche bag! I just realized that I started this blog without really introducing myself. So here is a run down of some random facts about my life:
See that creepy looking guy right there? That guy is actually my roommate and not a stand in for a Jason movie. I’m being really serious. He and I have been frienamies since about 2005. We’ve lived together for about the past three years. Okay. We’re friends but he makes me crazy and I may punch him in the head one day. His name is Shawn but we all call him Queso. That’s an interesting story that I’ll just have to save for another time.
The girl in the green shirt in this picture is me. Though you can’t really tell. As for that fellow in the charming looking shirt about beer? That’s my boyfriend Chuck. We’ve been together for almost a year. Right now he lived in Indiana and I live in Illinois. He’s been trying to get a job transfer but we haven’t been successful in that venture just yet. I often refer to Chuck as The Penguin. No. Not the Batman villain! More like Tux the Linux Penguin. He’s a big geek and so am I. We just make sense together.
The guy in the foreground of this picture is my wife Lucy. He’s actually Chuck’s best friend and roommate. His real name is Marcus but I never call him that. In reality we are not legally married. We are pretend married. One day I walked up to Chuck’s house, threw open the door, and yelled “Luuuccccyyyy I’m hooommmmeee!” Marcus was on the couch at the time, so when he heard that he turned to me and said “Does that make you Ricky?” and I said “Yes. And that makes us married.” And so history was made.
I think now would be a good time to take a little break from all the people in my life and get to a little knitting. I’ve been knitting for almost five years now. I’ve never made a sweater. I like sock knitting. I’ve been doing that for about three years. Scarves just kind of annoy me. They go on forever and ever. I’m currently obsessed with making some Harry Potter type accessories for myself and my roommate before the next movie comes out. I’m also really into making stuff for my home. I always ALWAYS have socks on the needles. I’m interested in lace, but have never really done anything with it. I really love Alpaca yarn but it’s so expensive and so I rarely get to use it.
I also enjoy spinning. I have several drop spindles and at one point I went on an “I need TONS of fiber” spree on Etsy. I’ve only ever spun one whole skein which is kind of frustrating but what can you do?
Let’s get back to some other people you should meet.
See that person there hiding behind the discman? Remember the discman? Oh, right that person. That person is The Ninja. The Ninja is my little sister. I often find myself making things for her and also her boyfriend’s (The Samurai) daughter. She is definitely my best friend and I love her to death.
Let’s now launch into some random facts:
1. My favorite two movies as a child were Beetlejuice and The Little Mermaid.
2. I am going to learn how to make my own soap and candles.
3. I like to hand dye yarn. Having any excuse to make a mess is pretty awesome.
4. I am going to attempt my first garden this year.
5. If everything works out later this month, my roommate and I will be cat sitting two seemingly adorable cats. I fear that secretly they are the spawn of Satan and may unleash a hail storm of fury the moment their owners leave but it’ll make for a good story if they do right?
6. I’m obsessed with Boston Terriers and Pugs. Something about dogs with bug eyes just kills me. One day they shall be mine!
7. I listen to all kinds of music. I don’t like Disco or Country. Sorry if you do, but the twang and the beat just get to me.
8. I love to read. Right now I’m reading George Carlin’s When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? as well as Vincent McHugh’s I Am Thinking of My Darling.
9. I only live about three hours away from The Loopy Ewe and am constantly tempted to drive over there and pile all their yarn on the floor and then roll around in it.
10. I love to cook. I like to make up my own recipes as well as try new ones that I find randomly. For example: Everyone should try these Snickerdoodle cookies. They rock.
That’s me and my Dad at a Stone Temple Pilots concert. Dad and I love the same music and love to go to concerts together.
12. My boyfriend is going to teach me to make sushi.
And those are all the random facts I can share for now.