This week is finals week. It means only two things: 1) I have a large stash of chocolate hidden in my house and 2) I might be a little distracted and unable to do things like knit, take pictures of knitting, think, or know my name.
This has been a Public Service Announcement.
See those tiny paper pots? They’re my future veggies! I have to admit that I also have three Daisy plants in there as well, because they are my favorite flower and my husband gave me the seeds as a birthday gift. I just can’t resist how happy they are.
This year I am growing Buttercrunch Lettuce, Green Peppers, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Daisies. I am planning on planting Yellow Squash and Broccoli next week. I love gardening. This may sound odd, but I think watching those tiny seeds become actual plants is exciting! Here’s hoping I have a lot more pictures to share as these little guys grow!
Oh! If you have extra newspaper lying around and don’t want to spend money on planters, here is a tutorial to make newspaper planters like mine!
Apparently, I have this thing called a blog. It has been called to my attention that I haven’t updated it in about three months. Even that was a little shocking to me. But school, life, and a host of other things has kept me on my toes recently. So here is a short list of the things that have changed in the last three months (in no particular order):
* I took a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. The reason for my trip was to support my cousin Edward before he deployed to Afghanistan. My whole family went and we had a great time. I’ll have to tell you the whole story sometime…
* I moved. Actually, I moved exactly two weeks after I came back from Phoenix, and the whole moving experience has kind of been a disaster. The house/duplex we were supposed to move into wasn’t totally ready, there wasn’t even a refrigerator or stove, and we only had two people to help us move. Things haven’t really been better since.
* I had a birthday. I turned old.
* I have been knitting, and I’m trying to finish several projects at once. Pictures coming soon.
* I found a knitting group! They’re great fun, and we meet on Wednesdays. It’s always interesting to see what other people are working on, and it doesn’t hurt that I already knew someone there.
* I’m job hunting. I had forgotten how hard a job can be to come by, even a part time one.
So that’s what’s happened to me. How about you? What have you been up to?
Happy Valentines Day to all my blog readers. And remember, even if you’re alone you’re still with someone you love!!!
Today I went around and packed up every single WIP (or Work In Progress) that I have and set them aside. I am starting something new, and it is knitting related, but it has an impending deadline. I don’t even remember where I found the link to this, but I am joining the Special Olympics Scarf Project. The projects goal is to have knitters and crocheters from around the country come together and knit scarves for these special kids, the volunteers, and coaches. I encourage anyone who can knit or crochet to pick up their tools of choice and join me in helping this great cause! Follow the link above for more information about the scarves, and if you watch the video have tissues nearby, because it’s a doozy! I’m to go start my scarf and I hope that I can do this again for them! Please share your projects w/me as I am always curious about what others are doing. Good luck!